It was a crazy first few months when we put the house back on the market after Cooper was about 1 month old. We hated to miss the "Spring" busy time and knew it was going to be a little inconvenient, but we had to go for it. We made it work....despite that every time there was a showing, I was in the middle of feeding. I am sure the neighbors across abrams wanted to know why were always pulling up, parking and I'd jump in the back seat several times a day... and I am pretty sure Mr. Potential Buyer got more than he bargained for when coming out back to see the back driveway and finds Cooper & I in the front seat of my car!
Sometime in July, we found an incredible opportunity. At first glance, Jeff immediately said "No way - I won't even look at something that close to both our parents!"... However, it was such a good deal and an amazing location. We fell in love with this fixer upper and knew it would be a great family home that had some great "bones". Small problem - our Lakewood house had not sold, but we had someone approach us about renting and we decided to take the plunge since we loved the Stanford house. After some long negotiations, we finally closed at the end of August and started renovating the basics -paint, floors, lighting, carpet and added a few smaller projects here and there, including both fireplaces. We were so excited about the additional space and knew Cooper would love running around his new big room. I was not so sure about him being so far away, but realized it was nice to finally have a reason to need the baby monitor!
After about a month, lots of renovation decisions and of course some additional projects, it was finally moving day. We were so lucky to have our families nearby and Gaby to help with Cooper... even Hampton came up to help! That first morning after we all slept in the new house, Gran sent Big Da on a walk with Max to bring over some homeamde biscuit sandwiches - what a treat! Sassie & Good Doc brought over dinner and Gaby's mom brought over lunch. We were definitely beginning to love our new location - only 8 houses away from Jeff's parents and 10 from mine. Who could have thought we could get closer than our parents already were to one another! I was lucky enough to grow up with both sets of grandparents close by, so I know how much Cooper is going to enjoy it!
 |
| Helping Dada pack boxes |
 |
| Picking out the Hardwood Stain |
 |
| Checking out carpet samples for my room! |
 |
| Fresh Tacos & all the Fixin's from Martha - what a nice break! |
 |
| Tio playing some lullaby's for Cooper to relax during moving day! |
 |
| Finally... there is a bed in this house and I can relax! |
 |
| Chillin' on my new front porch. Thanks Sassie for the pumpkins! |
No comments:
Post a Comment